Policies Version 2
Group Training Policies
1. You are responsible for watching your dog at all times and should keep your dog’s attention on you and not allow him or her to walkup to dogs without permission.
2. You must wear shoes that have trend on the bottom no open toe shoes allowed (no sandals). Although not required we recommend long sleeve shirts and pants.
3. You are responsible for cleaning up after your dog inside the training room as well as outside the facility.
4. Aggression of any kind is not tolerated. COU Trainers will handle any issue that arises. Owners are never to intervene in a dog fight. COU Trainers instructions must be followed immediately. If your dog is a danger to other people or dogs we will be required to ask you to leave from that session until we resolve the issue. We will offer alternative options until your dog is ready to go back to group class.
5. Children 8 years of age and older are welcome at group class, however; you are responsible for watching your children at all times and MUST not be unattended during class. Children are not allowed with the dogs during training unless they are teaching. So you must have supervision. We CANNOT watch children. Not all the dogs are child friendly.
6. No excessive barking, jumping on, biting, peeing on, or humping other dogs/people.
7. Doors Close 5 minutes after class starts. Do not be late or you will not be able to attend class
8. There is NO smoking, drugs, or alcohol in any group class!
10.Your dog must be vaccinated. We require Rabies, Distemper, Bordatella and K9 Influenza. You must bring a copy to the first class or email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 301-710-6146
11. When you arrive please park in the COU parking lot on the left side of the building and enter through the entrance marked Canine Obedience Unlimited. If you are unable to do so please let a COU staff member know upon your arrival.
12. Safety in our group classes is our number one priority. Students MUST follow instructions promptly at all times or you will be asked to leave that session. Alternative options will be provided.
13. Please ask permission before you attempt to greet a dog.
Board & Training Policies
- For dog enrolled in a boot camp program that includes a private training follow up lesson. You must have it scheduled 7 days prior to pick up date. We recommend doing this as soon as you can to ensure we have an opening at that time.
- Dogs that are enrolled in refresher training does not include a follow up lesson.
- You balance must be paid in full in order to pick up your dog.
- We require you to send the current food that your dog is eating for it stay to lower the amount of stress on your dog during his/her stay. If you want your dog to receive treats please send those. We recommend small and soft treats for training which we also have for sale here.
- For dogs that show up without being fully vaccinated against Rabies, Distemper, Bordatella and K9 Influenza.
- There will be a $100 isolation charge for every week that you dog must be isolated.
Private 1 on 1, in home, and evaluation polices
- You are allowed one lesson cancellation with no charge, however additional cancellations will be counted as completed lessons. Cancellations must be made with 48 hours notice, or the lesson will be considered complete.
- Canine Obedience Unlimited LLC, reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training class or course. Lessons are generally conducted every day, Monday through Saturday, to immerse the dog and owner in a new lifestyle. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. Canine Obedience Unlimited LLC, also reserve the right, at our sole discretion and option, to terminate lessons and refund the remainder of your money, if we feel that the dog is too dangerous or the situation is not going to work out for the benefit for the dog or owner. Our priorities are, personal safety is first, dog/animal safety is second, and the results of the training are third.
- You agree to contact us the moment a concern arises. We will work with you as a team and want this to be a positive experience for you as well as for your dog. We shall each make a reasonable effort to work around holidays, planned vacations, emergencies, birthdays, and scheduled days off, provided we give each other advance notice; however, the total number of cancelled and/or deferred days of lessons shall not exceed three, otherwise the entire fee shall be forfeited and non-refundable as liquidated damages.
- Canine Obedience Unlimited LLC, reserves the right to temporarily suspend lessons on a dog that is sick, injured, infested, unfit, or needs grooming. The situation must be remedied before the lessons are re-started. We may require a vet’s written certification and evidence.
- Cancellations must be received by phone, at least 48 hours prior to the date and time of the lesson, evaluation or seminar. Our policies shall hold precedent over any conflicting provisions of any other agreement or any other document. We cannot make exceptions to the Cancellation Policy for any reason, including personal emergencies. Regardless of reason, cancellations result in a loss of revenue if time does not permit the resale of the scheduled training. In fairness to others, we cannot make exceptions.
- There will be no refund for shows. All “no shows” (students who do not cancel or reschedule within 24 hours prior to the start of the course, as described herein) will forfeit the lesson as described above. Uncompleted sessions cannot be applied to future evaluations, lessons, seminars or other courses. From the time that the lesson is to begin, we will wait 15 minutes for you to arrive. If you are more than 15 minutes late and we do not hear from you in person (by phone) to discuss rescheduling, then this will be counted as a completed lesson.
- You have 3 business days from the date of purchase to recive a refund for programs that have not started. Once lessons are commenced, all fees shall be due and payable. Once you have obtained a lesson or lessons, the fees paid for those lessons shall be nonrefundable without exception. This is a service business and there is no possible way to “return merchandise for a refund” once it is received and the time has been blocked off the schedule. All sales are final. Because class size and schedules are very limited, all cancellation/rescheduling deadlines will be strictly observed to allow other students to be accommodated.
- If, through no fault of Canine Obedience Unlimited LLC, the services contracted for by OWNER cannot be completed, Canine Obedience Unlimited LLC will provide credit to the OWNER for training services already paid for but not yet received .However, Canine Obedience Unlimited LLC will NOT refund any portion of money paid. The credit which the OWNER will receive, will be less the dollar amount for training received.